Before You Adopt A Dog
Uncle Bill’s Pet Center offers puppies for sale, but we are more than a pet store. Our main concern is that our animals find good homes, and that our customers are fully equipped to handle and enjoy the responsibilities of pet ownership. For that reason, we don’t just offer puppies for sale, we also offer friendly education and help as you begin your pet ownership adventure.
Our friendly and knowledgeable pet store staff are on hand throughout the day, eager to help customers figure out which dog is right for them and how to care for the one they select with appropriate puppy supplies. Before you adopt a dog, it’s worthwhile to take some time to think through several key questions:
- What role do you see your dog playing, and what sort of temperament appeals to you? Do you plan to take the dog hunting or are you looking for a companion for long runs? Need a watchdog? Want a cuddly companion that is content to spend most days indoors?
- Do you have allergies? Does anyone in your household have an allergy to pet dander or fur?
- Where do you live? Do you have a large fenced yard or do you live in a small apartment? Are there noise or pet size restrictions in your building or neighborhood?
- What kind of lifestyle do you lead? Do you enjoy long walks or runs or prefer to stay close to home? Are you gone most of the day or is someone at home to interact with the dog? Do you travel frequently, and, if so, do you anticipate taking your dog along?
- How much time do you have? How much time will you have to devote to grooming, exercising, and interacting with your pet?
- What ages of people are in your household? Do you have children or elderly family members? Does your family need a dog who can handle lots of noise and chaos, or one that will be gentle with infants or people with limited mobility?
Once you’ve considered these questions, our helpful staff can walk you through multiple options of dog breeds that will be a great match for you. We offer a wide variety of breeds of puppies for sale, and, as a full-service pet store, we also carry the puppy supplies you’ll need to care for them. Come and meet our knowledgeable staff today!
Uncle Bill’s Pet Center is the premier pet store in the Indianapolis area. With locations in Fishers, Greenwood, and Ft. Wayne, as well as on the East, Northeast, and West sides of Indianapolis, Uncle Bill’s Pet Center is an ethical, humane source for a wide variety of pets, including dogs, cats, fish, birds, rabbits, guinea pigs, reptiles, amphibians, and other small and exotic animals. In addition to pets, we also carry a large inventory of pet supplies, and are committed to helping our customers understand and care for their animals throughout their lives.